Sunday, November 13, 2011

Going Somewhere

We've had this blog for long time now and it's always been a place to just post things we want to remember, funny moments, and random goings on. YouTube has become the place where we upload videos about what we do each day.
So recently we have been talking about why we are doing all this. What are we doing? Why do we put in all this time? What are we getting out of it? Are we really providing anything for the thousands of people who watch and read?
Then some really interesting questions starting surfacing from the midst of these simpler puzzles. Where are WE going? Where do WE want to end up? What do WE want to do with the rest of our lives? Where do WE want to end up? What will WE be doing when we get there?
WHAT IS OUR DIRECTION?
It is easy to start asking these tough questions and look at things like money, time, possessions, dreams unfulfilled and feel like it's just a big waste. That we'd be better off just getting a second job and increase our income so we can get the house on the hill with the fat mortgage to hack away at for the rest of our lives.
I think a lot of people, maybe even you, are constantly wondering what direction you are headed and why. Maybe we are all asking the wrong questions!
Our conversation suddenly shifted over the last few days. We began to embrace the adventure. We look back on our "directionless" lives and see a long list of totally awesome things we've experienced and accomplished. Things that cannot be planned!
So where do we go from here? Where we go is forward. With unwavering optimism and wild dreams. Our ultimate goal is happiness. Happiness in family, marriage, home, friends, finances, and future.
Most importantly we want YOU to come along with us. We may not provide the best advice on how to cook a thanksgiving turkey, but I promise that you'll learn something watching us try. We will be posting on this blog consistently every week. With a fun blend of long term and short term projects, goals, and adventures we want everyone to feel welcome to come along and take something useful from it.

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate your videos as well as your thoughts you post on this blog or even randomly on facebook or twitter. You are a great Mom to you 3 boys. OK well 4 if you count the hubby. I always say mine is my second child lol! I think youare doing what is best by spending time together and making memories. I wish more people would take time for each other and forget about the "things" in life. Don't get me wrong I love to dream and hae nice items as muchas the next person, but to me family is what its all about. Keep on doing what your doing. Your spirit and smile is contagious. I live in the central part of Ut and if you ever head this way let me know. I would love to meet the Phamdamily. My twitter name is emslady

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to reading your upcoming blog posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your vlogs AND blogs. Keep it up!! My 4 yr old daughter loves watching your vlogs too! Y'all are great parents! :)

    youtube.com/ adnkbc

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this idea in addition to the vlogs. You are a great family and I enjoy every minute with you any way I can.

    ReplyDelete