Thursday, September 1, 2011

What about dream shopping?

So, a pass time of mine is dream shopping. I usually spend literally five minutes a week looking at something I think is beautiful, elegant and usually expensive. Like this brand new Jeep....its so beautiful! I really would NEVER pay that amount of money for a car at this point in my life, but the dream that I will easy afford it in the future keeps me focused and renews my motivation to be successful in anything I do.
I don't always look at cars and trucks, sometimes its just an expensive pair of jeans....and just the same...I'm always thrifty and find sales or consignment stores to shop in, I don't really purchase expensive clothing.

I've been asked a lot why I am this way, and I'll tell you. I was raised in a very large family where we typically wore used clothing, and we wore them until they were VERY worn out...basically their life stopped with my family....once we got them...they had no chance of seeing another soul again. :) To some this is very sad, but I see it as a positive thing in my life. As an adult I have the ability to have cold hard cash in my pocket, and walk right out of a store without purchasing something I really want even though I have the money.

Having the ability to do this is rare, and I'm finding that as I get older and more experienced with finances, and how money works...I know this is a good thing. I look at bank accounts all day at my job, and the people who have the most money DO NOT look like they do.

So, instead of actually buying something...I dream shop! I love to feel like I"m working for something that I might someday have. I'm a dreamer, what can I say?

How about you? Do you dream shop?

1 comment:

  1. thats inspiring! I think Ive been spending too much money on things I dont really need and I definetely need to stop. One of the reasons why I love Phamdamily is because you guys are so down to earth and you show us what it means to enjoy life. Life is more about experience than the things we own.

    "The things you own, end up owning you".

    Kudos to you guys!

    ReplyDelete