Monday, May 26, 2008

one really fun, but long weekend (part 1)

Our weekend began with a trip to Boise where my nephew ran in the state track meet at Boise State, he took second place by only 1/100 of a second (.01) he ran his personal best and will for sure be ready for next year. He will most likely run in some junior Olympics this summer to keep training. In the picture He is the on closest to the bottom of the page...
It's wonderful and amazing what you can accomplish with dedication and hard work. Just last year He couldn't even qualify for state, and now he's the second in the state...and that's even controversial.
So we headed out Friday morning around 9am to Boise, Buster and Gickos were excited to spend the weekend with Auntie Jill and the cousins. My brother-in-law was working like a crazy person, so sadly we didn't get to spend much time with him. He did however watch the boys friday night while Jill and I hit the town.
When we arrived in Boise Gickos found a bike...and he was on this thing ALL weekend, but luckily the bike was a little squeaky, so we were able to hear it from inside the house....when it got quiet...I began to worry.
Buster thought this little car was pretty fun, although he did like the plastic trike, which he rode for about a mile round trip to the park...without complaint I must add.
The weather was AWESOME! Not to hot...not to cold, it was the perfect temperature along with no wind and no rain. This is the playset Jill has in her back yard and the trampoline...I just thought it was really cute...and it occupied the kids day in and day out.
This is Jills awesome little patio, I want to put one in this year, so I thought I'd take a picture...to prep the creative juices.

4 comments:

  1. jill's patio is awesome. lotsa hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I'm lovin the patio and sunken tramp. Sweet! Your yard is perfect for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is her patio! I am seriously envious. I am glad you're back. I missed your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great weekend. Isn't Jill's place the best! It's hard to believe that it's been 2 years since we've been there! I love all the pics of your boys! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete