Saturday, February 7, 2009

Baby Update

Well we are getting to know this little guy more and more everyday although we haven't met face to face. He thought it would be funny to turn breech this last week....yeah right before delivery when there isn't enough fluid to get him turned back safely. He is healthy and HUGE, already estimated to be close to 8lbs...at 37.5 weeks...and you all wonder why I deliver early. My 38 week mark is Monday, so I feel very confident he'll be ready to come anytime after that point.
Being breech makes for some really crazy decisions! I really didn't understand or take in to account that this could happen to me, so therefore it was a blow when they told me all the risks involved in delivering vaginally. Because the little guy has the cord around his neck, and possibly around his torso, we have decided to go with a c-section. It makes me sad in SO many ways, but really I'm just grateful I found out before I actually went into labor. I have changed care providers and Dr. Allred will be my surgeon.
The c-section freaks me out a bit considering the closest thing to surgery I've experienced is dental work.
Anyway just keep us all in your prayers this week, we're hoping the baby comes before Tuesday or after Thursday because Olin has to be out of town for work....yeah I know it's funny what curve balls are thrown at you from time to time. We're all doing well, and I hope the next post we have is full of lovely photos of our new little boy. Peace out and we'll chat at you after D-day.

13 comments:

  1. You never know, that baby could surprise you and you'll be doing your natural childbirth as planned. :) I thought I was going to have to deliver Carly by C-section but everything fell into place for me just to deliver naturally. Everything has it's own reasoning. I'm so excited to see the little guy. You make pretty cute little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Jing. I will keep you in my prayers. I can't wait to see all the fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jing- I'll be thinking about you all week. I know it's a bummer to have to change your plans. I'm sure everything will work out great and I can't wait to see that little chunk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have peace in knowing things happen for a reason. Our last little guy had to be delivered via c-section too. Turns out he had his cord wrapped tightly around his neck several times (and we didn't know it...), so a vaginal delivery would of been...well let's not think about what would of been.

    On the bright side, all you have to do is sit there and they do all the work for you. You're a tough girl and will bounce back quickly. Not one of those sissy ladies who say they can't move for weeks. I was chasing my 2 year old around 3 days later. You'll be fine!

    You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you call me if you need anything. I am only 25 minutes away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just as cute as the other boys! Those ultrasounds are amazing! Good luck Jinger. We sure will be fasting and praying for you guys. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope everything goes well! Dr. Allred helped with my 1st c-section, they did great! just some advise...walk walk walk!!!(but take it slow!) it'll totally hurt the first couple days I won't lie but you'll heal so much faster. If your able to get the spinal, have them push on on stomach a ton afterward while your still numb! or else it's not much fun! You'll do great your a tough girl :) and I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a feeling this little guy is going to be your little "prankster". Maybe this won't be the last time he catches you off guard. Sounds like he'll fit in wonderfully with the rest of the gang. Maybe give Luke a run for his money???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a feeling this little guy is going to be your little "prankster". Maybe this won't be the last time he catches you off guard. Sounds like he'll fit in wonderfully with the rest of the gang. Maybe give Luke a run for his money???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a feeling this little guy is going to be your little "prankster". Maybe this won't be the last time he catches you off guard. Sounds like he'll fit in wonderfully with the rest of the gang. Maybe give Luke a run for his money???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just heard the news that he is here! I hope that all went well- I haven't heard any details yet- and don't want to bother you- but WAHOOOOOOOO! I hope for the best baby ever and the fastest recovery possible! You are awesome! Love you TONS !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had two C-sections and they're not so bad (compared to what, I don't know) Dr. Allred did my 2nd and he did a great job although I don't appreciate his bedside manner. I'm thinking of you and I wish you all the best! Call me if you have any C-section questions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I just read the comment above mine and it seems GOOD WORK and congrats are in order!

    ReplyDelete